Meditation exercise for during the day
- Sit down in a chair with both feet next to each other on the floor.
- For a moment, hollow your lower back and then round your lower back. Then find the middle and feel how your spine can straighten up out of your lower back.
- Move your shoulders a couple of times forward, up and back until your shoulder blades come to a rest on your back. Keep your chin parallel to the floor and place your hands on your knees or thighs.
- Close your eyes.
- Turn your attention inward, feel how you are sitting in your chair.
- Now become aware of the sensations in your body, however they might be. Stay there a few breaths, aware how you are feeling in your body.
- Then take a few deeper breaths and focus all your attention on your breath. Inhale deeper and exhale longer…
- Return to your natural breath. Where do you feel your breath in your body? Keep coming back to your breath, each moment again.
- With your attention to yourself, stay here as long as feels good.